Section Six: Fox & Feather Photoshoot

I have hit a few bumps along the way but I've finally managed to successfully arrange and complete the Autumn lookbook photo shoot! I remembered meeting a fashion blogger called Leigh Travers,  last year, who had a very distinctive, orange hair colour which would be perfect for an Autumnal photo shoot. Thankfully Leigh agreed to do the shoot and I met up with her in Southampton earlier this week.

She mainly wears vintage clothing and naturally chooses a lot of Autumnal tones which was ideal. I gave her a few suggestions on which outfits I wanted her to bring based on her outfit posts, but also give her freedom to put some original outfits together too.

We met up in West Quay and she had brought a suitcase full of her outfits and was eager to get started. We began shooting in a nearby park as I thought having nature in the background would really express the Autumnal theme. However, once I started shooting the images weren't really "popping". There was too much going on in the background and it wasn't allowing her distinct features, and vibrant patterned clothes to take centre stage.

I didn't know the area too well but Leigh suggested the old Tudor town round the corner, as it went with the vintage theme. When I arrived I knew it was perfect! All the buildings had beautifully textured brick work that would look amazing in the background but were also muted, neutral tones that wouldn't interfere with the shots.

We ended up shooting for over three hours (we had a lot of fun!) and Leigh was so co-operative. It was a pleasure to work with her and she really put effort into making the shoot work well. I've ended up with some excellent shots that you can see below. I have highlighted the ones I then chose to take forward and edit.





After the shoot we stopped for coffee and got talking about how hard it is to find vintage clothing and I asked her about how she manages to find such good pieces. I ended up turning it into an article in itself,  called 'The Art of Vintage Shopping', so all in all it was a very productive day and I'm very happy with the results.

The name of Leigh's blog is Fox & Feather which I think already has a very autumnal vibe. I've decided to simply name the lookbook'Fox & Feather Autumn Lookbook".

No comments