Section One: Project Proposal Form & Approval

PROJECT: Bloggers' Magazine

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: A magazine aimed at the blogging community. The idea is to provide bloggers' a chance to connect with the community through a different medium and encourage creative collaboration. The magazine will celebrate the current industry, showcasing upcoming bloggers as well as providing a compilation of different subjects from bloggers' perspectives. 

ASSESSED ARTEFACT: As well as documenting my progress through the project on my blog, I will be producing a full issue of the magazine, which could be used as a prototype if I decide to properly launch the magazine in the future. 

FINANCIAL: Depending on how I choose to conduct photo shoots, interviews and other aspects  of the magazine, there could be travel costs involved, which is something I will have to consider in more depth. Printing the magazine will be the main financial implication and will cost around £15-30 depending on which company I print it with and their shipping costs. 

CLIENT/PROJECT SPECIFICATION: A full first issue of the magazine. 

SOFTWARE & HARDWARE: Primarily Adobe InDesign to build the magazine. I will also be using a DSLR (Nikon D5200) and possibly photography equipment during the photo shoots. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator will also be used when editing the photos and creating design elements for the magazine. 

COPYRIGHT ISSUES: I need to make sure the photographs are my own or if I use photographs from another blogger I need to get permission first. Articles need to be original content, written solely for the magazine. 

POSSIBLE RISK: 
  • Bloggers don't respond to the idea of a magazine/don't enjoy content. 
  • Bloggers don't co-operate/can't find anyone willing to collaborate on the project. 
  • Computer failure 
  • Ongoing illness may slow down the progress of the project

SKILLS NEEDED: 
  • Skills and knowledge of Adobe software
  • Graphic Design and typographic layout skills
  • PR skills for connecting with other bloggers
  • Photography skills
  • Illustration skills

TIME SCALE: Aiming to send the magazine to print at least 2-3 weeks before the project deadline so I have time to check and evaluate it and to ensure it arrives in time. 

..................................................................................................................................................................

I have talked through my idea with Claire and she was supportive of my idea which was encouraging.  I will now beginning working on the magazine. 

No comments